Looking for something to do now that the weather is cooling down and the kids are off to school? How about getting in touch with your creative side? Classes at Signature 81 are the perfect way to find a new hobby or talent. I offer several affordable classes in everything from drawing and painting to crocheting. Below you'll find a list of classes and workshops I'll be teaching this fall and into December. You can also find this list on the Calendar page of this website.
Note: My drawing classes will start up again after the Christmas holidays.
You can sign up for any one of these classes at Signature 81's website, visiting their chic new shop at 13 College Street in Clinton, or by giving them a call at 315-269-7799. Don't see something you like here? There's a whole list of classes offered by the talented teaching staff of Signature 81 that you can find on their website calendar!
Introduction to Colored Pencil
Dates & Time:
- Tuesday October 6th, 13th and 20th, 6-9PM
3 week Class
Intro to Colored Pencil explores the different techniques that can be used to create beautiful artwork with colored pencils. Colored pencils are portable, lightweight, inexpensive and can create a piece that looks like a painting. In this workshop you will explore mixing and layering colors, using different types of paper, and learn how to take care of your finished colored pencil piece. We will be using artist-grade colored pencils and each student will have the opportunity to go home with a finished piece of art.
$125.00, all materials included.
Max: 6 students
Dates & Time:
- Sundays October 4th, 11th and 18th 10AM-1PM
3 Week Class
Pastel Painting explores different techniques and styles used to create vivid and colorful artwork with pastels. In this class, students will explore color mixing and layering techniques with both oil pastel and chalk pastel, along with different papers and surfaces. Preservation of finished artwork will also be discussed. We will be using artist-grade pastels and each student has the opportunity to go home with a finished piece of art at the end of the 3 week class.
$150.00, all materials included.
Max: 6 students
1 to 3 Sessions
Basically Hooked is a series of one session classes that explore different crochet techniques, styles, patterns and projects. Each class is categorized by skill level (beginner, intermediate and advanced). Classes will cover pattern reading, stitches, care of finished products, etc. Students will have the opportunity to go home with a finished project after each class.
Classes may be purchased at a fixed single price of $35 for each class or 3 for $90. All materials included.
Beginnner = ✽
Intermediate = ✽✽
Advanced = ✽✽✽
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, September 16th 6:30-8:30: Mug Cozy with Pocket ✽✽
- Wednesday, September 23rd 6:30-8:30: Thread Crochet ✽✽✽
- Wednesday, September 30th 6:30-8:30: Bow Hair Clip ✽
- Wednesday, October 7th 6:30-8:30: Wine Flip Flop ✽✽
- Wednesday, October 14th 6:30-8:30: Sunflowers ✽✽✽
- Wednesday, October 21st 6:30-8:30: Easy Coffee Cozie ✽
- Wednesday, October 28th 6:30-8:30: Chunky Quickie Hats ✽✽
- Wednesday, November 4th 6:30-8:30: Picture Frames ✽✽✽
- Wednesday, November 11th 6:30-8:30: Granny Square Coaster ✽
- Wednesday, November 18th 6:30-8:30: Maple Leaf Garland ✽✽
- Wednesday, November 25th - No class
- Wednesday, December 2nd 6:30-8:30: Amigurumi Christmas Tree ✽✽✽
- Wednesday, December 9th 6:30-8:30: Ice Skate ornaments ✽
- Wednesday, December 16th, 6:30-8:30: Country Chic Star Ornament ✽✽
Max: 8 students