“To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.” - Kurt Vonnegut
Retro Sorrento is where you will find contemporary, vintage-inspired items to style your brand, home or life. Retro Sorrento artwork and handmade designs are created to add bold color and energize your soul.
Retro Sorrento was founded in 2009 on Etsy by artist and illustrator Maria Vallese. Maria is a 2010 graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology with a BFA in illustration. She has been drawing and painting since she was a little girl at her grandmother's kitchen table, and crocheting since the age of 8. Maria is now freelancing for local and regional businesses like Saranac Brewery and Made in Utica. She also sells at local independent craft shows such as the Indie Garage Sale in Utica, NY and Mayday Underground in Rochester, NY.
Where to Find Retro Sorrento:
- Signature 81 - Clinton, NY
- The Indie Garage Sale - Utica, NY
- Chicks Along the Canal - Little Falls, NY
- Mayday! Underground - Rochester, NY
- Destination Create - Deansboro, NY
- Several Craft Shows, trunk shows and farmer's markets - please check Calendar for more details!
- Made In Utica
- Saranac Brewery
- DJ Ease One
- Suzi's Place Diner
- The Mustard Seed
- Maria Vallese/Rosa Oliveri Art Exhibit, The Dev, Utica NY March 2016
- MWPAI Sidewalk Art Show 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010
- "Star Wars v. Star Trek" Gallery at the Tech Garden, Syracuse, NY 2016
- "Love Me Do" Strut Gallery 2014
- 2014 ProjectU Display, Downtown Utica
- MadeInUtica.com featured artist 2014
- Electric Nostalgia, Solo Exhibit, Urban Headquarters Utica, 2011
- 2010 RIT Senior Illustrators Exhibit at Gallery R in Rochester, NY